Father Chris Riley's Youth Off the Streets (YOTS)
Macsim Fastenings Pty Ltd will be supporting father Chris Riley's Youth Off the Streets (YOTS) program through sponsoring for the third time, the Rotary Club of Engadine's 2009 Sydney to Surfers Cycle Ride.
This fully catered for ride is over 930 km and follows the coast on the Pacific Hwy and some back roads. The ride caters for all levels of ability and cyclist's range from the age of 18 to 75. The ride each day averages 133km.
The ride starts at the northern Sydney suburb of Hornsby on Saturday 2nd May and ends at Surfers Paradise on Friday 8th May.
Macsim is donating a new motorcar to the Rotary Club of Engadine to use for the raffle which consists of donations from the cyclists seek sponsorship. Each $1,300 a cyclist raises in sponsorship receives a ticket in the raffle for the car. This is a separate raffle to the one open to the non-cyclists.
Over the last 8 years the Rotary Club of Engadine has donated over $1,000,000 to YOTS.
This year the club are expecting in excess of 160 cyclists.
Please contact us on (02) 9881 2400 or click on the following link sydneytosurfers.org.au if you are interested in participating in the ride or wishing to make a donation.
Macsim Fastenings Pty Ltd and the Environment
Macsim Fastenings Pty Ltd has an un-conditional commitment to promote a cleaner and safer environment. Since June 2002 the company had embarked into greener work place practices which involved rigorous changes in its work culture and attitude. The company is working ever since in improving it's processes and packaging requirements. The company believes education, consultations and everybody's involvement is the key to success in achieving a sustainable recycling program.
The company is committed to review its packaging process using the Environmental Code of Practice in Packaging to achieve its goals in attaining it's commitment in the Environment. Understanding and acknowledging the importance of environmental accountability has become a part of the company mission statement. We are determined in promoting a program that balances the issues of Health, Safety, and Environmental responsibilities to all our staffs and customers. The Management is committed to pursue and implement a sustainable waste and packaging management programs to address the impact of waste to the environment.
- Reduce the amount of packaging usage and to develop a sustainable Waste Management Program.
- Continuous cycle of research in achieving environmentally friendly packaging materials to be used in the company.
- Research and Develop a system to harvest back the packaging material waste produced from Macsim products.
- Educate employees, suppliers, and customers about the company environmental awareness in recycling and energy saving programs, and encourage new suppliers to adopt their own sustainable recycling program.
- Participate or help organised community event, which help in cleaning up the environment.
Key Factors in attaining its Objective:
- Disposal Method/Practice
- Distribution Process
- Education of importance of Recycling Program
Macsim Fastenings Pty Ltd would like to announce the winners of The Silicone Promotion:
Winner: Jeremy Primrose
Winning Store: Southern Plumbing Fyshwick